A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Your Role: Manufacture products according to established protocols and perform operations in support of the group, department and company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operate processing equipment.
- Set-up equipment ensuring operations are consistent with current operating procedures.
- Identify malfunctions in equipment operation and with appropriate approval take corrective actions, such as reconfiguring equipment, adjustment of set points or adjusting operating parameters.
- Report equipment failures and work with repair personnel to correct problems.
- Perform production operations
- Set-up and prepare products according to current manufacturing procedures
- Perform routine analytical tests to ensure processes are in control.
- Transport chemicals and equipment to and from processes including use of pumps/piping, fork trucks, pallet jacks or dollies.
- Ensure quality and quantity of product throughout production process.
- Clean-up equipment and working areas after production operations
- Coordinate appropriate disposal of waste and complete compliance documentation.
- Communicate and document status of processes, products, and equipment.
- Communicate the status of production operations/equipment and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide a complete and accurate batch record at the conclusion of production operations consistent with quality guidelines including Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) if applicable
- Enter hours worked and raw materials used into SAP
- Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures
- Perform operations in compliance with rules and in a safe, orderly manner.
- Follow production procedures and safety policies at all time.
- Use, clean, and store all personal protective gear appropriately
- Label all in-process equipment and containers properly.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Participate in required safety and quality training and other related activities.
- Maintain good housekeeping in laboratory and working areas.
- Improve manufacturing processes through application of experience and scientific principles
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a supervisor, chemist II or chemist III.
Who You Are:
- Education: Required- 12 semester hours of college level chemistry or related discipline or demonstrated equivalance. Desired- Associates degree in chemistry
- Experience: 6-12 months of training necessary to learn specifics of job adequately to work independently.
- Essential and Critical Skills:
- Knowledge in chemistry, mathematics and science
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Process techniques and unit operations
- Safe chemical handling methods
- Communication skills, oral and written
- Computer skills
- Mechanical skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Laboratory and analytical skills
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Require occasional lifting and pushing of up to 80 pounds.
Require occasional shift work
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.