A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: You are in a team within Corporate Controlling that secures the value generation of Merck’s strategic projects, amongst others M&A, integrations, investments, and divestment. As Director Finance Post-Merger Integration and Divestures, you co-lead together with Business Sector Controlling the finance workstream in integrations, divestures, and transformations. Besides the project organization, you will work with M&A Controlling, Finance Operations and other Group Functions, Business Sector and Business Unit Heads. You facilitate a structured and efficient finance integration/ divesture/ transformation approach. As part of Corporate Controlling you ensure neutral judgement, unbiased decisions, and lever organizational learnings. Amongst other tasks, you assess and monitor business cases for integration and carve-out initiatives; ensure achievement of M&A synergies and restructuring savings; control M&A, integration, and carve-out costs; coordinate the purchase price allocation, the fulfillment of the duties of sales and purchase agreements, tax assessments, and legal restructurings; ensure the correct financial reporting; consolidate forecasts and operational plans; and conduct post-implementation assessments vs. business case assumptions.
Who you are:
- University degree in Business Administration or comparable education
- 10+ years of work experience in a global environment with a background in Transaction Advisory, Corporate Controlling/M&A, or Strategy Consulting
- Operational experience relating to transactions, transformations, business integrations, and divestments including carve-outs
- Expertise in corporate finance, valuations, financial modeling, SPAs, optimally complemented with knowhow of PPA, goodwill impairment tests, due diligences
- Affinity and excitement for the businesses of Merck – Healthcare, Life Science, Performance Materials
- Management skills to lead and drive global, cross-departmental projects and work as finance sparring partner for executives
- Determination, analytical, and communicative capabilities to change worldwide processes and systems
- Attitude towards work characterized by drive, passion, customer focus, and openness
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com