A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The RBM‘s role, falls within the Fertility, Endocrinology and General Medicine (FEGM) Business Unit and includes the promotion and selling of both the Fertility & Endocrinology product portfolios. Under Fertility the RBM‘s role will include the promotion and selling of Merck Fertility drug, technology and services to healthcare professionals working in the field of Fertility and under Endocrinology the Saizen, Easypod and Easypod Connect to healthcare professionals working in the field of Paediatric Endocrinology in the Ireland. The role will be field based and split in your day to day activities between the product portfolios will be approximate 60% fertility / 40% endo. i.e. 3 days fertility / 2 days endo.
Supported by a diverse management team in both therapeutic areas including the Head of Fertility, Head of Endocrinology and General Medicine, National Commercial Partnership Manager (Fertility) and Head of Marketing to name but a few. You will be enabled to focus your energiy on day to day customer facing activities which will require you to work with a high degree of autonomy and motivation. This role is unique in that you will need to master and demonstrate your ability to balance activities and deliverables for both product portfolios and teams supporting the respective businesses.
This role requires a high degree of professionalism where the following skills & capabilities are essential:
- Impact & Influence
- Creativity & Analytic Skills
- Customer Centricity
- Commercial Acumen
- Achieve the agreed sales and / or project goals determined for agreed Key Account Customers/Depts. Across Merck Fertility drug, technology and services
- Use the Key Account Management Process to identify the individual Key Account Customers and Depts. with whom they are going to focus their activities.
- Develop plans and selling strategies for each of their Individual Key Account Customers / Departments and Strategic Group Account Customers. Prioritize workload and allocate resources appropriately (e.g. time, budget)
- Strategic Group Account Customers (to be identified & agreed in territory) will be managed directly at an account level on territory and managed by the RBM responsible outside of the territory (nationally) through collaborative working with the other RBM’s and supported by the Commercial Partnership Manager & Head of Fertility.
- RBM’s are responsible for the promotion, detailing & negotiation of product, pricing and service provision of the MERCK Fertility products across the business including Drug, Technologies & Services in their direct territory. Any pricing negotiations across the MERCK Fertility portfolio other than individual product pricing should be handed to and discussed with the Commercial Partnership Manager.
- RBM’s are responsible for the promotion & detailing of Saizen, Easypod and Easypod Connect in their direct territory.
- Through regular contact identify and meet the on-going needs and expectations of targeted key account customers and in doing so build professional and productive relationships. Differentiate the products and services of Merck from the competition and therefore establish Merck as a true partner and therefore provider of choice. Initiate and develop KOL “Product or Company Champions”
- By engaging with the Head of Marketing, the RBM will be able to tailor bespoke marketing solutions for their accounts/region.
- Work with customers to identify partnership opportunities in the form of programs, patient education efforts, etc. Develop and implement initiatives by coordinating with other Departments or colleagues, (e.g. Marketing, Commercial, Market Access, Medical, Medical Information and other Departments as appropriate)
- Work closely with the Head of Fertility and Commercial Partnership Manager in conducting an in depth commercial analysis of Fertility businesses in order to diagnose their individual business needs and how they can maximize their commercial success
- Monitor local Regional Contract volumes for Saizen (via dashboard) monthly.
- Fulfil customer requests for information and/or expertise by coordinating with the appropriate resources within the business or team (e.g., providing specific product or general therapy area related literature or information, supporting study or other on-going initiatives etc.)
- Ensure that all contract pricing agreements, including relevant NHS/HSE tenders, are up to date and (re)negotiated at least one month prior to the start or renewal of all agreements.
- To ensure a close co-operative productive working relationship with colleagues in other teams to manage NHS funding and service development opportunities to ensure the successful implementation of all possible synergies.
- Maintain a high level of product and therapy area related knowledge and be aware of current trends in NHS marketplace at a local and national level.
- Complete administrative requirements and comply with guidelines and policies as set forth by immediate manager and company ‘as a whole’. Ensure MI CRM and other customer records are comprehensively maintained.
- Attend meetings and training sessions and undertake other relevant activities as requested by or designated by the Head of the Fertility Business Unit.
- Demonstrate a high level of professional behavior ‘at all times.
- To comply with all UK regulatory guidelines and company SOPs in relation to the 2014 ABPI Code of Practice & 2013 ABHI Code of Practice, IPHA, MHRA and all other authorities related to your functional position. Failure to do so could lead to disciplinary action.
High level of secondary care selling and /or PCT selling and/or Key Account Management experience within Pharma Industry
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com