A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
· To drive field sales to exceed budgeted sales target. This will include setting individual sales targets for each team member and to make clear what key accounts they support.
· Develop and document business plans to support the achievement of local targets and Corporate sales strategy.
· Hire, train and motivate a team capable of achieving the relevant BU and corporate goals.
· Continuously monitor performance against agreed objectives and modify the plan in light of results attained.
· Improve pricing leverage through cautious discount management and competitor intelligence to ensure compliance with the Corporate profitability standards.
· Day to day management of sales team to ensure that basic non-financial business expectations are met. (e.g. sales force effectiveness tools such as CRM or Account Plans, provision of data to sales management)
· Support focus account development activities within relevant area of responsibility.
Who you are:
- Substantial field sales experience
- Track record of exceeding sales targets
· People management experience preferred
· Demonstrable experience of having introduced effective customer intimacy programs and evidence of growing business successfully in innovative ways.
· Remote management skills
· Languages: English
· Home office based within or close to the assigned territory
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com