A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Field Sales Specialist (m/f) - BioMonitoring - Ireland
Purpose of the role:
Merck have an exciting new opportunity to join the BioMonitoring South commercial team as a Field Sales Specialist responsible for sales of critical quality control microbiology products in part of Ireland. These will include Milliflex, Steritest, culture media for environmental monitoring and alternative technologies, used for in-process product testing and release testing by our pharmaceutical and food & beverage customers.
Your tasks include closing direct sales of products and services in order to meet the organization's business objectives. You are responsible for creating, monitoring and revising lead generation plans to generate a substantive sales opportunity pipeline. As a specialist, you solve a range of problems through knowledge, analytical skills and experience. Applying your know-how and judgement, you also contribute to process improvements and to the achievement of the objectives of your team and of your own direct sales. You will be expected to increase the company’s market share, emphasize differentiation from Merck's competitors, and build upon the company’s reputation for quality and excellence. You will also collaborate and work together in a matrix organization consisting of Account Managers, Global Strategic Account Managers and Inside Sales.
- Visiting selected accounts and actively promoting and selling products in your territory
- Provide technical expertise on products and services at the highest level to new and existing customers
- Negotiate offers, orders, prices and contracts, whilst interacting with local account management and global strategic account managers in order to implement sales and pricing strategies at strategic accounts
- Actively seek and evaluate new territory opportunities. Generate new business by identifying new prospectsand key decision makers, raising awareness of Merck’s value proposition and focus always on solving our customers needs
- Support the launch and market penetration of new products, services and technologies
- Attend and organize exhibitions at strategic territory trade shows and internal seminars and schools
- Manage your pipeline using a CRM tool. Reports regularly sales forecasts, prospects, orders won/lost, competition and new developments in the different market segments to Head of Sales, and also into the Field Marketing organization
- Implement the business fields priorities, strategies and goals into your territory
- Demonstrate initiative to constantly improve products, services, processes and working routines
- Take ownership and driving your own personal development by taking responsibility and engaging in additional tasks and operation
Who you are:
- Be a self starter.
- Graduate degree (or equivalent) in life sciences, preferably Microbiology
- Relevant professional experience of min. 3 years in sales, with demonstrable experience with pharmaceutical and/or F&B key accounts
- Full and clean driving license
- Travel in territory ~80% of the week
- Fluent spoken and written English
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com