A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
This is not your average Postdoc Program! You will be given a unique opportunity to receive mentored training to enhance your professional skills and independence within your research to pursue a chosen career path.
Our goal is to create an environment where creative scientists can flourish. Those with a passion for science and innovation who join our community through our postdoctoral fellowship are an important part of the equation. The fellowship gives high potential scientists support and experience in an atmosphere that values collaboration and innovation.
Additional features of the program:
- 2-2.5 years post doctorial focus within area of expertise. Additional 1-1.5 year rotation within area of interest in R&D Healthcare before final placement.
- International rotations possible
- Post Doctorial focus areas are within our early discovery organizations therapeutic functions - Oncology, ImmunoOncology, Immunology and Drug Discovery/Early Development groups: including Chemistry, Quantitative Biology, Computational Biology, Protein Sciences, Biomarkers, experience in evaluating TME to elucidate and IO drug MOA, DNA repair and more.
- EMD Serono will help fellows publish their research in top peer-reviewed journals.
- Fellows will work with EMD Serono scientists and use our cutting-edge technologies on long-term scientific projects, helping to advance fellows understanding the field.
- EMD Serono’s accomplished researchers, with backgrounds in academia and industry, will be mentors and advisors.
- Individually chosen class-room trainings from learning offerings. Balanced mixture of functional and soft skill trainings
Who you are:
- We are interested in high potential candidates from leading academic institutions who are seeking to truly make a difference in the lives of patients.
- Ph.D (or equivalent) in a life sciences field
- Track record of publication and capability to work in a matrix team
- A desire to lead
- Independent thinking, experimentation and analysis
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced, cross-functional, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills
- Fluent in English, knowledge of the German language or additional language is a plus
- Travel Requirements – 5%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.