A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are looking for a talented individual to join Merck as a Global Project Planner in the integrated Planning, Analytics & Partnering group within R&D Strategy & Business Operations.
In this global role, you will work hand-in-hand with project managers and project teams to translate the strategy of our pharmaceutical R&D projects into a meaningful, robust project plan, which is captured on a state-of-the art project management platform. You track project progress through elaborate reporting and ensure that your plans are a reliable source of information for senior management decision makers. In addition, you develop and apply project management standards and best practices and advise your business partners on project management methodology topics.
The position is initially limited to two years.
Who you are:
- Master degree in a scientific discipline, doctorate beneficial
- A minimum of 2 years project management or planning experience (schedule, budget, resources)
- Experience using project scheduling tools (MS Project, Planisware) as well as Excel & PowerPoint, strong IT affinity
- Experience in R&D and/or drug development in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in working with international teams
- Excellent command of English
- Excel programming skills or a project management certification are an advantage
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!