A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
EMD Inhouse Consulting is the internal management consulting department of the EMD Group. Our work comprises projects in several areas from the strategic and conceptual development to the implementation within the pharmaceutical and chemical divisions of EMD as well as within the EMD group functions. Our team of 30 consultants works globally. The Inhouse Consulting head office is at the EMD HQ in Darmstadt, Frankfurt Area (Germany), with a presence in Billerica, Greater Boston Area (United States).
What we expect of you:
Based in Billerica at HQ for EMD Millipore in NA, you will support our internal customers during all project phases as expert on site. With your know-how and your energy you will be contributing significantly to the project success. You will develop, consult and implement challenging strategy-, growth- and improvement projects within all divisions and functions, e.g., in Marketing & Sales, Research & Development and Portfolio Management. As professional expert you will consult all management levels within EMD including the executive board and ensure the achievement of all project objectives.
As preparation for a leading position at EMD or one of the EMD subsidiaries in the future, you will work closely together with the operative and strategic units. In doing so, you will contribute actively to the ongoing success of the company. Additionally you will have several responsibilities within EMD Inhouse Consulting like the training & development of our graduates and junior consultants.
Who we are looking for:
- You have completed a PhD in engineering, natural sciences (, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology Physics or related sciences) or/and an MBA with outstanding success
- You have at least three years of working experiences within a leading management consultancy, ideally with a focus on the pharmaceutical and/or chemical industry
- You have extensive experience in leading national and international cross-functional projects in a global matrix organization
- Your have very strong conceptual and analytical skills
- You have commercial expertise (Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, etc.)
- You have broad experience with aligning stakeholders, conflict management, and in communicating information to ensure that the management has transparency on the underlying issues and potential solutions
- Your are team- and implementation oriented with a focus on a persistent and sustainable corporate culture
- You enjoy a large measure of independence and individual responsibility
- You have a communicative, self-assured and confident appearance and like to work customer and team oriented
- Ability to travel up to 35% internationally is required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.