A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As part of the Organizational Development & Process Improvement Department you will support globally all R&D departments to implement Business Process Management (BPM).
In your role you will align all BPM activities with other continuous improvement efforts within R&D (e.g. Lean & Six Sigma). You are the primary point of contact for R&D Senior Management and Process owners within R&D regarding BPM and you lead/participate in BPM specific governance meetings. You will lead a small team of internal experts (process consultants and process modelers) and work closely with external consultants to shape the Merck R&D BPM framework. Beyond the implementation and governing activities, you will also conduct process audits/analyses (assessment of monitoring results, identification of deltas / gap analysis, Identification of potential improvements) and facilitate process improvement workshops.
Furthermore, you are responsible to constantly train people on BPM Principles to foster the knowledge and applicability of the BPM toolset and methodology.
The position is initially limited to two years.
Who you are:
- Academic Degree in natural science or business administration
- 2 years of hands on experience in the field of Business Process Management
- Certification in BPM methodologies (e.g. BPMO Academy) would be beneficial
- Certification as Green Belt, or Black Belt would be beneficial
- Strong customer orientation
- Adaptability and flexibility to switch between projects, priorities if necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact constructively with all functions and management levels in the organization
- Profound experience in working in cross-functional, multi-cultural and international teams
- High self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision and excellent self-management skills (e.g. prioritization of tasks)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with proven ability to put together and present well-structured presentations for various forums
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com