A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Global Business Development and Alliance Management (GBDAM) is the Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany business development face to the outside biopharma world and ensure visibility to external investment opportunities.
Support of the GBDAM with external and internal communications
- Support the creation and design of internal communications with the team, but also to key stakeholders.
- Rework external image and tools (conference presence, booth design, partnering presentations, newsletter, internal and external webpages)
- Identify and promote sharing of best practices, processes, and information technology within Global Business Development and Alliance Management (GBDAM)
- Bring innovative solutions to boost team communication / branding and enhance team visibility within the organization and outside
- Foster team engagement by participating in the development of appropriate engagement action plans, such as team event and community day service
Who you are:
- Currently pursuing BS in Marketing, Communications or related field; emphasis on digitalization a plus
- Native English speaker with strong communication skills
- Strong computer proficiency; Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint and Social - Media channels
- Reliable and consistently available to complete work in a quality and timely manner
- Team player who demonstrated a willingness to work and collaborate effectively with others and shows a positive and supportive attitude
- Organized and detail oriented, with high attention to details
- Enjoy thinking outside the box to generate new ideas and drive innovation
- Must have form of transportation to be mobile for various sites & events
Target Hire date: January 2018 - Must be available for six months with possible extension up to one year
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.