· Design an attractive product package
a) Analyse the medical and consumer needs, therapeutical practises, fads etc.
b) Involve "Medical Dpt." for regular input and update of medical knowledge and developments
c) Involve "Business development" for regular input, updates, follow up on new possible markets (e.g. niches), line extensions, new products, new concepts
· Design "well to the point" strategies to convey the USPs to the consumers, HCPs, trade partners and to differentiate from competitors
a) Search the literature systematically for all interesting information (together with "Medical Dept.")
b) Screen the TA for "unmet needs"
c) Define USP
· Target the right doctors for maximal penetration of prescription potential
a) Make regularly sure that doctor file/ classification is updated and conclusive
b) Select doctors regularly in line with your promotional objectives and programs
c) Monitor, supervise, control that doctor targeting is regularly complied with by Field Force
· Utilization of analytical capabilities to transform into the brand plans
a) Conversant with the IMS, ASPRI and Nielsen data sets
b) Analyse the Data on monthly basis and provide report for the same.
c) Convert the analysis to the brand marketing plans to increase the market share
· Prepare convincing promotional messages and programs based on the strategies
a) Build easy to grasp messages around USP
b) Document messages well with scientific proof
c) Build action plan on logical link between "need of/ added value for the doctor/ patient" objectives of the company, key message
· Keep the right balance between input (cost) and output (result)
a) Prepare promotional budget based on effectivity
b) Keep regular control on budget
c) Regularly keep track on effectivity of specific promotional activities (result orientation)
· Keep track on the sales progress and profitibility in line with the budgets
a) Regularly follow and analyse our progress in the respective TA
b) Regularly follow and analyse the profitibility of the assigned product portfolio
c) Direct activities of Field Force to the appropriate targets
d) Prepare and implement corrective actions/ measures in case of deviations
· "Buy in" the Field Force and get them committed, make them part of a "winning team"
a) Keep regular contact/ exchange with Field Force for their views on promotional requirements
b) Make sure that Field Force really understands and accepts the promotional programs
· Implement the promotional programs together with the Field Force and follow through
a) Regularly study FMS for field visit reporting
b) Make regular field visits to make sure that/ how promotional programs are executed
c) Keep regular contact with Field Force e.g. over the phone, by e-mail etc.