A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Sales Support - UK\/EI
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To proactively drive sales activities to the Research Business Units customer base to generate increased sales revenue for the company and to build strong customer relationships that promote customer loyalty. To work closely with the field sales team and sales management to ensure all sales opportunities are maximized. To provide an efficient and professional first point of contact. With the help of the field sales teams utilize all skills, tools and market knowledge to price competitively for the customer whilst achieving the best possible margin for the company.
- Receipt of incoming customer enquiries
- Preparation of quotations – to be provided on the same day as receipt of enquiry and using history and order conversion rate to assist in the setting of prices
- Liaise with the Pricing specialist to ensure agreed prices are implemented accurately and are reported accurately.
- To develop and execute lead generation projects, to ensure that the front end of the sales pipeline is fed with sufficient leads so that an above budget performance can be achieved.
- To run Management Information Reports when required
- To Support the Contracts and Tenders Manager to ensure all tenders are responded to in a professional and timely manner and that Support is given when needed on the Contracts.
- To monitor the Daily Tracker for opportunities for potential new business.
- Committed to supporting Sales achieve Target
- Work closely with the sales teams to ensure that Freight renewal requests are renewed in a timely manner.
- Depending on the business unit/customer segment, some extra tasks may be performed.
Who you are:
Sales related customer contact background is necessary. Some experience within a commercial environment is necessary
Knowledge and Skills:
Critical: A flexible approach and positive attitude, as well as the ability to take ownership of quotations, quotation follow ups, lead generation activities and problems. Understands how the pricing structure within SAP works
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com