A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer manages the technical quality aspects for their respective areas working closely with the Production personnel
- Investigate Quality problems associated with the production department and implement effective corrective and preventive measures
- Perform validations as required
- Maintains control of changes on site ensuring compliance to relevant procedures and regulatory guidance/industry standard.
- Oversees/Release of in-process and finished product ensuring compliance to specification.
- Apply GMP and observe that it is being adhered to in the department.
- Monitors, maintains and promotes compliance to the quality system within the dept. including but not limited to documentation system, complaints, change control and deviations
- Participate in teams to help make necessary improvements and changes to all process related issues in the production department
- Identify and implement continuous improvements in conjunction with the operations team.
- Liaise with Vendors and Customers on quality related issues, internal and external.
- Support customer and regulatory compliance audits as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable Environment, Health and Safety legislation and adherence to site EHS procedures for area of responsibilities.
- Additional duties as required
Who you are:
- Third level qualification or relevant knowledge and industry experience;
- 2-3 years previous experience in a similar role is desirable (Pharma/Biopharma);
- Good investigative and problem-solving skills;
- Good Communication skills;
- Computer literate,
- Good Attention to detail.
- Experience of cGMP a distinct advantage.
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com