A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You role: The ideal candidate will execute analytical methodologies of general to moderate scope and complexity to enable process development and transfer methods to cGMP Quality Control groups for a wide range of bio-organic and bio-pharmacuetical products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accurately perform established procedures and interpret data independently
- Perform and deliver analytical method verifications or qualifications of raw materials, intermediates and products
- Transfer methods to Quality Control laboratories for method validation or GMP release testing
- Optimize methods through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Become proficient in the technical and theoretical aspects of new analytical techniques
- Consistently demonstrates attention to detail in the planning, execution and documentation of experimental work.
- Deliver timely and comprehensive written (laboratory notebook, operating procedures and reports) and oral communications to project leads and internal partners
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with SOPs with quality guidelines
- Excel in a team environment through concise and transparent communication and effective cooperation.
- Contribute to departmental and cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
Who you are:
- Education:BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field
- 5 years years of academia or industrial experience.
- Experience with advanced data acquisition software systems such as Chromeleon, Empower, or Chemstation are a plus.
- Medium to high-throughput instrumentation experience, equipment troubleshooting and basic instrument maintenance are preferred.
- Essential and Critical Skills:
- Demonstrated skills in general and advanced laboratory techniques (theory and practice) to enable the development to solve analytical problems on fast-paced projects.
- Demonstrated success in contributing to the advancement of projects, project teams and process improvements.
- Experience in three or more of the following laboratory techniques: absorption spectroscopy (UV/VIS), chromatographic techniques (HPLC/GC/IC/UPLC/SEC/HILIC/CGE/iCE), protein analysis, immunoassays, FTIR, wet chemistry and/or USP methodologies.
- Experience with either DAD, ELSD, CAD, and MS detectors are advantageous as well as undergraduate research experience.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail and strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.