A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Project Engineer will be involved in the day to day engineering and project activities on the plant. This will involve supporting preventative & reactive maintenance, calibrations, shutdown works, process improvements & inspections as they relate to all facilities, plant, equipment and utilities on the site. The engineer will also undertake & successfully execute all aspects of assigned engineering projects optimizing the design of existing and new systems and providing technical support to engineering and production personnel.
- Continuously evaluate and confirm the capability of site wide systems, components, and applications.
- Provide engineering information and prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Assist or lead trouble-shooting of relevant failures performing breakdown analysis and providing problem resolution.
- Develop and use expertise in the plant DCS and PLC control systems to ensure optimal operation and appropriate levels of data retention.
- Liaise with equipment suppliers in order to ensure that the site is supplied with best in class equipment and support commissioning and de-commissioning of plant and equipment.
- Interface with the SAP computerized maintenance management system as necessary to help manage the site maintenance and calibrations programs.
- Manage all aspects of assigned engineering projects (project feasibility, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and projections, design, HAZOP analysis, project proposal and presentation, securing approval, scheduling and project management, contractor selection, site co-ordination and supervision, progress monitoring & reporting, cost management and control, training, procedure development, commissioning and validation, documentation, final handover and any other associated responsibilities).
- Support optimization of production processes through designing improvements in capacity, identifying areas for cost reduction and quality improvements, ensuring waste and downtime reduction, and helping eliminate non-value tasks.
- Provide support to IQ, OQ, and PQ activities as appropriate.
- Provide audit support on process and plant areas as appropriate.
- Help manage the Engineering Documentation archive and ensure that all engineering documentation is appropriately indexed, filed and tagged.
- Assists in budgetary preparation and management.
- Engages in programs such as 5S and other lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Delegate for Engineering Manager while absent.
Who you are:
- Relevant technical engineering qualification
- Degree level qualification is and advantage
- Technical qualification supported with significant experience in the regulated cGMP pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven ability to manage projects on time and within budget
- In depth knowledge of unit operations and process engineering
- Experience of DCS and SCADA systems, including associated documentation
- High level of computer literacy required in AutoCad
- Ability to identify, develop and deliver on process and facility improvements and opportunities
- Energetic committed self-reliant individual
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a flexible way when necessary.
- Knowledge and previous use of CMMS and computerized calibration systems is a big advantage
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com