A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Working in a research lab of TIP Immunology, you will develop and establish in vitro assays in the field of Osteoarthritis (OA) dealing with cell monolayer, 3-d cultures and explants from different species incl. human. You will use these assays to support development of drug candidates, and to characterize disease relevance of novel pathways/targets. Your tasks include planning and conducting of experimental work, analyzing, interpreting and communicating results, implementing new techniques if needed, as well as writing protocols, reports, experimental plans and scientific publications. We expect you to work independently, to drive for solving technical problems and to develop own research ideas.
Who you are:
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology
- Background in various cell culture methods (cell lines and primary cells) and biochemical assays (e.g. ELISA, Mesoscale, Luminex) as well as robust knowledge of signal transduction pathways; knowledge about cartilage biology and pathophysiology is a plus
- Creative and enthusiastic
- Independent character and good team-player with effective communication skills
- Fluency in English is required
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com