A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Your role: Manage sales at the territory level and serve as the primary liaison between customers and EMD Serono. This position focuses on building customer alliances, establishing and maintaining product market leadership and achieving short and long-term sales objectives by identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create a professional relationship between the customer and EMD Serono.
- Achieve territory sales goals and objectives consistent with Company and Therapeutic Area guidelines, KAM core competencies through the EMD Serono Field Sales Competency model, and PhRMA guidelines.
- Execute on Territory Plan and Key Account Plans to achieve aggressive goals and objectives for continued growth.
- Maintain a superior level of product, market, reimbursement, formulary, managed care, customer and distribution knowledge to accomplish territory objectives, including strengthening current loyalist positions and expanding and building new loyalists.
- Optimize a multi-product portfolio.
- Plan and implement effective professional and patient education programs.
- Maintain an expert operating knowledge of all company policies and guidelines including, but not limited to, those addressing interactions with healthcare professionals, Compliance, Business Conduct and PhRMA.
- Demonstrate strong critical analysis and planning skills in reviewing data, understanding trends, preparing and communicating applicable plans.
- Manage the territory budget and accurately report budget activity to Area/Regional management.
COMMUNICATION and BUSINESS PLANNING
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the MS/neurology medical community, with a high science approach focused on identifying needs and providing solutions.
- Plan, organize and deliver effective and approved presentations to achieve product formulary acceptance and reimbursement.
- Create strategic Territory Plans and Key Account Plans utilizing approved tactics; update consistently.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative approach with EMD Serono peers and teammates, such as Marketing, Sales, Strategic Accounts, Medical Operations, Training, Managed Markets, and Medical Reimbursement Specialists as well as all applicable co-promote partners.
- Seek out, establish and maintain an excellent level of communication with management.
- Provide all necessary and requested field data on a timely basis.
- Actively participate in presentations and discussions during Area and/or Regional Meetings.
- Influence, guide and support peers in achievement of their individual territory goals.
- Actively demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior and integrity in all aspects of the KAM role.
- Recognize and demonstrate sensitivity to, and maintain a level of, confidentiality as required both internally and externally.
- Maintain a professional demeanor consistent with EMD Serono pharmaceutical sales philosophy, protocols and guidelines.
- Maintain an excellent level of continuous-improvement to personal and professional growth in order to grow territory sales and accomplish territory objectives.
- Maintain a high level of home office and regional interaction necessary to effectively seize external (i.e., sales) and internal (i.e., process improvement) opportunities.
- Demonstrate leadership with peer groups and management, helping to propagate a single (ONE) team approach to the business.
Who you are: Minimum 3 years sales experience in the pharmaceutical/health care industry with demonstrated success in sales performance.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A valid and active driver’s license is required for this position.
- English required. Other language skills may be considered a plus.
- Intermediate level computer skills (MS Office products) required.
* Able to travel up to 80%, may vary based on location (Winston-Salem, NC territory includes, Burlington, Greensboro, Boone and Roanoke, VA)
* ADA REQUIREMENTS – Normal office duties (i.e., must be able to push, lift, pull up to 30 pounds, etc.)
- Experience in MS, Neurology, CNS or Specialty Biologics markets in the geography.
- Proven success launching new products.
- Experience selling a multi-product portfolio.
- Scientific or clinical background.
- Knowledge of managed care/reimbursement systems and pull through strategies.
- Able to support multiple tasks, initiatives, and projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and must thrive on challenge.
- Maintain personal level of accountability and ownership of results.
- Ability to work as a member of a team to accomplish goals.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic, flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Customer oriented.
- Must have compassion, and a passion for, MS/neurology patients.
- Strong sales, time management and administrative skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.