A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Position: Account Manager
Position Reports to
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- The purpose of this job is planning, marketing strategy implementation and executing overall sales activities as well as directly managing key accounts of pharmaceutical, universities, government, dealer and private company to achieve targeted goals on sales revenue, market share, brand royalty and awareness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Development of marketing strategy and action plan
- Identifies, develops, and evaluates marketing strategy and action plan, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Execution and evaluation of sales & marketing campaigns
- Coordinates and executes marketing campaigns, sales promotions, advertising and trade shows to meet identified objectives and strategies.
- Monitors the results and effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Business and financial target management
- Establishes annual sales revenue budget and expenditures
- Forecasts and manages annual/quarterly/monthly revenue streams to meet marketing and sales financial objectives.
- Market research and analysis
- Identifies marketing opportunities by analyzing market trends, R&D funding situation and customer requirements.
- Researches competitors' products/services/strengths/weaknesses, and defines competitor's share and addressable market size.
- Customer relationship management
- Develops and maintains relationships with key accounts and strategic partners.
- Strategic pricing
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and local market demand
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in science and[or] a Master’s degree more preferred.
- Experience: + 3 years of sales & marketing experience in a relevant business or research industry.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer literacy: proficient in general office software like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access and a thorough understanding in ERP and CRM.
- Great insight and understanding for overall market trend and conditions.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Rational and flexible judgment for business decision and unexpected situation
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and business at a time.
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com
** 지원서의 기재사항이 사실과 다른 것으로 확인되거나 Reference from previous employer 상에 채용상의 결격사유가 확인될 경우 합격 또는 채용이 취소될 수 있습니다
** The company reserves the right to withdraw the offer, it if discovers subsequently that a candidate has given false information in application or has provided false or fraudulent documentation in support of his/her application. The offer is conditional upon satisfactory results of reference checks.