A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: We are offering an interesting, diversified, and challenging position at the core of our company and the forefront of innovation: The Merck Innovation Center. This is the place where we and our business units develop the ideas and products of tomorrow. During your internship, you will be part of the Merck Innovation Center's ideation team. We cover three areas of ideation: employee-based ideation programs (Innospire) including residency programs (Think Tank) and open innovation with partners (Open Campaign & External Ideation). You will be responsible for support in conducting research, developing, elaborating, and testing concepts in one of the three ideation programs.
We offer an international, diverse, and fun work environment you might not expect in a DAX30 company, a full team integration and interesting as well as challenging internship tasks. Are you an out-of-box thinker who likes to develop creative solutions? Maybe you already gathered some startup experience? Mastering organization and coordination of different tasks in a different teams does not sound like a challenge to you? Are you an open-minded, easy-going and interdisciplinary-thinking person who enjoys working in an international and diverse team? Then we are looking forward to your application!
Who you are:
- Masters student (m/f) from any discipline with interest in innovation (and tell us why!)
- Innovation management students are of course welcome to apply.
- Innovation requires inter-disciplinarity: so any discipline is welcome, including agriculture!
- Knowledge in design thinking and entrepreneurship would be an advantage
- Team player with high organizational and analytical skills
- Structured and reliable working attitude, curiosity to explore new fields
- Strong communication skills in English, flexibility and creativity
- Creative, open-minded, and committed individual
- Startup experience (optional)
- Enjoy working in an international environment
Duration: 6 - 12 months, flexible starting date. A follow-on thesis is possible in general.
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com