A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Project Manager, you are responsible for planning and executing all phases of a SAP-deployment-projects (Business Blue Print, Realization/Development, Testing and GO LIVE & Hyper care) considering all accounting-/controlling-/ and VAT-relevant questions and their implications on SAP-configurations. In addition perform projects as linking pin between Merck Business Services (MBS) - Finance, Procurement, Business Technology but also other Business Partners like Finance Operation, Controlling and Treasury in terms of new accounting-relevant process-/ and therefore ERP-/IT-system changes. The role is related to the MBS Finance-organization in complex and international project environment with medium to long-term project-scope divided in multi-disciplinary sub-projects. You work closely aligned with the MBS Finance Project and Process Management, key stakeholders of the MBS-organization and legal entities involved.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting-/Business related) required; Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- 3+ years of verifiable complex/international SAP-project management experience
- Successfully completed one or more full life cycle SAP-implementations
- 4+ years Accounting-/Controlling process expertise based on SAP ideally complemented by related VAT-knowledge and relevant working experiences in SAP FI and CO
- Demonstrable experience in ability to translate business requirements into SAP-processes and to support change engineering process
- Verifiable expertise in leading and working in cross functional teams to meet goals across multiple projects
- Excellent English communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to review and interpret data, detect problems and determine best solution and preventative measures to mitigate future risks
- Strong inter personal and negotiation skills, analysis and decision-making, and self -management skills. Ability to work/communicate at all levels within organization appropriately
- Flexibility & willingness for regular business trips
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com