A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: This role is field based, partnering with account managers across the Process Solutions organization. The primary focus is to develop technical and commercial strategies in order to position Product Characterization as an integrated company solution to existing and new customers.
Sales Development Specialists will use their technical and industry expertise in product characterization (analytical, binding, cell based potency assays), to support the sales of these services. Can be located anywhere in the US.
Essential job functions:
- Identifies potential clients and initiates discussions on a technical level
- Develops solutions to meet the customers’ need and outlines the value proposition
- Supports and qualifies the development of quotes/proposals
- Ensures timely communication for customer questions or deliverables
- Identifies market trends and new technologies to expand the service as needed
- Supports Project Managers, Development Services, and Operations by integrating customer requirements into business operations
- Develops marketing/sales support tools as needed and provides training for colleagues
- Utilizes available tools and resources to track and report sales activity
- Shares account and process knowledge
Who you are:
- Action oriented with a high level drive for results and perseverance acting in professional and positive manner at all times
- Strongly goal oriented and self-motivated, capable of working with minimal direction
- Bachelor degree or higher in a relevant natural science (Chemistry, Biology, etc). Preference will be given to candidates with post graduate business degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a major sales / technical support role within a Life Sciences Company or a proven business/sales development track record OR 3-8 years of directly related experience (Chemist, Engineer, Biologist)
- Experience in product characterization technology in an industry environment
- As a field based role, extensive travel required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.