A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: The Process Technician will work in a dynamic environment supporting the manufacture and testing of high purity filters with a focus on quality, process control/improvements, electro-mechanical assembly and material handling. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player with high energy and demonstrated experience working in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Working with site Process and Quality engineers, maintain efficiency and upkeep of critical manufacturing equipment through effective troubleshooting techniques.
- Identifies and improves yield and scrap rates.
- Improves manufacturing processes that demonstrate levels of statistical control.
- Assists in the validation of new equipment and process changes.
- Performs failure analysis on defective parts and documents findings.
- Provides support in the closure of Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA).
- Trains departmental operators to ensure sufficient expertise exists within the manufacturing work centers.
- Investigates process disruptions and writes reports based on findings.
- Generates drawings for equipment improvements.
- Facilitates training for individuals involved with the operation and maintenance of processes and equipment introduced to the manufacturing department.
- Generates SOP’s and Process Specifications.
- Supports the development of validation protocols and reports for new or modified equipment.
Who you are:
- Associate of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical studies or equivalent work experience (exposure to FDA regulated medical device manufacturing facility, pharmaceutical facility or other regulated industry supporting automated or manual assembly processes preferred).
- Experienced with machine automated control preferred (SCADA, HMI, PLC).
- Experienced with mechanical design software (Autocad, Inventor, ProE).
- Effective communication skills.
- Lean 6 Sigma experienced a plus.
- Works comfortably in production environments and has hands-on approach to problem solving.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.