A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Implementing, upgrading and maintaining windows infrastructure across the EMEA region.
- Accountable for ensuring that appropriate design, planning and operations handovers takes place for all new services.
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on support as designs are built.
- Alongside standard windows engineer duties, this opportunity will see you recommend, innovative and where possible, automated approaches for infrastructure tasks.
- Work with stakeholders and customers to understand windows utilization, lifecycle, protection requirements and develop these into effective and workable solutions and processes.
- Lead the triage and resolution of escalated, complex incidents, problems or capacity concerns.
- As the company operates a 24x7 service, this role will require support out of office hours for emergency support, routine maintenance, as well as customer services opening hours.
Who you are:
- 5+ Years prior experience in a 3rd Line support position
- 2+ Years prior experience in providing architect/subject matter expertise
- Expert knowledge in MS Cluster technology
- PowerShell - ability to write scripts and automate tasks.
- Windows Server 2008-16
- Solid industry experience of software (and ideally hardware) architecture, including, databases, clustering and load balancing, distributed file-systems, storage, virtualization, architecture and design patterns
- Extensive project management and delivery
- Solution design and presentation to stakeholders
- Extensive experience of design leadership - ideally with enterprise systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience at creating technical presentations/articles/papers
- The ability to communicate and build relationships with technical teams
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!