A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Commercial Process Excellence is a division within the Commercial Operations team, sits within, and supports the Global Research Solutions Business Unit, in addition to this this cross functional team also support the Applied Solutions Business Unit globally.
Your role: We are seeking for an individual with strong process improvement / process excellence experience & lean six sigma qualifications. An essential element for the candidate is a positive record of accomplishment in implementing and inspiring an organization for continuous improvement and change. The candidate will lead own projects, collaborate with others on cross divisional projects and support the local management team in achieving a continuous improvement culture.
- Individually manage (or contribute towards) Commercial Process Excellence projects; manage interdependencies and define master plan including projects, achievable key milestones, as well as tracking and reporting progress
- Define opportunities, analyze data, design transactional work flows, and improve business processes, to deliver a positive impact on annual Sales operating plans (OP) in terms of revenue, operating profit and commercial efficiency
- Define and implement key business improvement initiatives/projects achievable key milestones, as well as tracking and reporting process, within Commercial Operations as prioritized by internal and external customers (within the Research and Applied Business units)
- Leverage Six Sigma principles to lead Continuous Improvement initiatives and facilitate a culture of lean thinking
- Partner with other stakeholders (i.e. Sales, Marketing, IT, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Tech Service, etc.) to develop effective and efficient processes from project inception and resolve major, multi-faceted business process improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate and communicate at each step of the planning process to ensure proposed lean methodologies aligned with high-level business goals and increased outreach efforts to apply aspects of lean methodologies in Sales.
- Maximize customer-facing time, simplify management processes, streamline reporting processes, allow reps to spend more time with customers and managers to spend more time coaching reps.
- Improvement initiatives will be led by enlisting and influencing cross-functional teams that deliver tangible business results through the application of Lean and Six Sigma principles, methodologies and tools.
Who you are:
- 5+ Years of industry experience, in project management and process improvement areas (Lean Six Sigma),
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified (from a respected company program or high quality on-line program such as ASQ or MoreSteam).
- Knowledge or, or experience in commercial areas of: operations, sales, training, or business analytics would be beneficial
- Fluency in English, both oral and written is essential; additional languages (German or French) would be advantageous
- Proven demonstration in application of Lean Six Sigma tools
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and communication skills
- Ability to influence with indirect or no authority
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to teach and coach
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills
- Experienced certified green belt (Lean Six Sigma) is preferred
- Bachelor's / Master’s Degree
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.