A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: The purpose of the position is to provide the experience and skills necessary in reviewing microbiological and analytical assays. You will also review data generated from emvironmental monitoring.
Who you are:
- BA/BS in the Life or Physical Sciences or equivalent relevant experience required.
- At least 2-5 years of previous laboratory experience is required, preferably in a GMP environment.
- Experience reviewing microbiological assays including harmonized USP <61>; <62> and <85> preferred
- Essential and Critical Skills:
- Product testing using USP compendial methodology, including microbial limits, endotoxin and sterility testing for quality compliance and release.
- Evaluation of environmental monitoring samples for water, surfaces and air.
- Review of assays and assist in process improvements and troubleshooting using established or advanced technologies.
- General laboratory techniques (theory and practice).
- Thorough knowledge of GDP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of instrumentation used in microbiological and/or Cell Culture analysis, such as FT-IR, UV-Vis Spectrophotomer, plate readers, sterility and endotoxin testing.
- Strong time management, Attention to Details, verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.