A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant located in Menlo Park, CA. The purpose of this job is to provide administrative and office professional support to executives as well as other employees of the Innovation Hub.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and interfacing with multiple businesses, functions, and geographies as well as a wide range of staff including: direct staff, executives, new hires, international contacts, R&D, sales, and business services staff as well as periodic customer interaction.
Who you are:
• Provide administrative assistance as directed by manager anticipating needs and taking appropriate action to effectively manage daily responsibilities (e.g. calendar, admin, and travel support for both domestic and international).
• Participate as an active team member, working both independently and in cooperation with other team members to complete projects and assignments in a timely manner.
• Work independently to produce quality results.
• Assist with planning of global meetings (e.g. including teleconferencing, and videoconferencing involving on-site and off-site events. Also assist with agenda preparation, meeting minutes, and conference room set-up).
• Request purchase orders; manage supplies, FedEx shipping, work orders, file share management, and time exception reporting.
• Serve as a work group contact for printers, computers, network files, and basic software questions.
• Serve as a coordinator for all company functions including scheduling lunches, dinners, working group meetings.
• Calendar management for one or more individuals.
• Presentation creation and modification via PowerPoint and Excel.
• Maintain team calendars (holiday, vacation, etc.).
• Conference room scheduling.
• Process expense reports, invoices and work with accounts payable to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner.
• Perform general administrative tasks including mail, records and file maintenance, travel coordination, procurement of office supplies.
• Overcome obstacles in order to complete projects and effectively and efficiently address needs as required.
• Prepare routine reports utilizing various software packages.
• This person will have access to sensitive and confidential information and must be able to keep such information confidential.
• Work is primarily identified and managed independently, taking initiative and responsibility for most administrative needs and opportunities.
HS Diploma/equivalent and 5+ years’ experience or BS - AS Degree and 1-2+ years’ experience
• This position requires the ability to build strong working relationships within MilliporeSigma.
• The job duties are diverse and require quick, accurate and consistent decision making.
• Able to communicate and relate well with those internal and external to the company.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are needed.
• Able to handle multiple priorities from multiple sources.
• Must be an organized self-starter exhibiting good judgment and the flexibility to adapt to priority changes and demands.
• Must be able to apply software applications to respond to requests with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, is required as well as SharePoint applications and sites.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.