A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Technical Services - Life Science Specialist - Poole, UK
An exciting opportunity to join a leading Life Science company as part of the Technical Services team. Technical support represents a key feature of our company offering to our customers. As a specialist in Life Science within our multidisciplinary team, you will help solve scientific challenges and answer technical product and application questions for our broad range of Biology products. You will support our customers and sales colleagues on technical inquiries, application queries and complaints. To contribute to our growing business you will identify leads, assist with sales opportunities from incoming customer phone calls. You will also support your Technical Service colleagues by providing guidance regarding your areas of expertise.
Who you are:
An individual who is ready to:
- Respond to customer enquiries in a timely manner
- Provide technical support to customers on the phone
- To accurately log, and manage technical quality complaints
- Help troubleshoot customer issues
- Assist customers with the development of experimental work
- Recommend our products suitable to support customers work
- To work professionally as part of a local, and several international teams to support our company.
- Essential: BSc and Masters in biology, immunology or biochemistry
- Desirable: PhD in biology, immunology or biochemistry
- 3 years+ practical experience within a relevant laboratory is essential, preferably within research/development.
- Practical experience in functional genomics is essential for this role.
- Experience in the following two areas is also expected
- Development and/or optimization of antibody-based assays/immunoassays
- Molecular biology applications
- Experience in the following is also desirable though not essential
- Protein chromatography / proteomics
- Cell culture
- Customer service / customer management
Knowledge and Skills:
- PC operation
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically
- Listening skills
- Good team player
- Ability to understand and empathise with the requirements of others
- Fluent in English (essential)
- Fluent in another European language (desirable)
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!