A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Cherokee Quality Control in St. Louis, MO, supports manufacturing of custom products including active pharmaceutical ingredients, excipients, and raw materials used within the health care industry.
Your Role: This Scientist position will perform quality control activities in support of GMP products. The position is within the stability and data review team. The job responsibilities include review of analytical testing data and other activities to support GMP stability studies.
Essential Job Functions
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure quality through adherence to GMP requirements. Assure adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments. Perform routine assays in accordance to applicable GMP requirements, processes and/or unit operations. Clean-up equipment and working areas during and after operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents,restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines and GDP requirements.
- Interface across departments
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- Accurately perform procedure independently.
- Perform complex assays and processes requiring a higher level of skill and knowledge
- Identify problems and limitations of analysis.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting utilizing technical knowledge and theory.
- Review of final assays and procedures.
- Interface with external customers.
- Design basic experiments, evaluate data and draw conclusions.
- Provide logical explanations and potential solutions.
- Write and modify procedures consistent with quality guidelines and review other procedures as requested.
- Conduct training on complex analytical procedures
Who You Are:
- BS/BA or MS degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, or related life science.
- 5+ years of GMP experience in pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or similar industry desired
- Strong technical writing and scientific reasoning
- Chemical environment-Must be able to perform tasks while wearing personal protective equipment such as chemical protective clothing for extended periods.
- May require occasional lifting and pushing of up to 40 pounds.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.