A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will be working with a team of designers dedicated to generating/revising CAD drawings for quotes, prototypes and engineering change requests, as well as supporting the Manufacturing floor as issues arise in assembly builds. This position requires regular interaction with Sales, Manufacturing, and other Engineering departments.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks to generate/revise CAD drawings
- Updating Bill of Material and Routing in ERP system
- Have a working knowledge of SalesForce.com
- Systems - SolidWorks, Salesforce.com, EPDM, SAP, Oracle, MS Office, ManGo
- Position requires strong CAD skills, specifically in SolidWorks with assemblies, exploded views, and detailed drawings.
- Must be capable of solving problems of moderate scope and complexity following established policies and procedures.
- Must be capable of working on multiple projects, skilled multi-tasker, meet established deadlines, and follow up on requests for action or information.
- Must have the ability to learn new skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to customer satisfaction both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to work semi-independently, with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Strong sense of responsibility, urgency, enthusiasm and high energy.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team and cross function departments environment.
Who You Are
- Associate's Degree or equivalent in Computer Aided Drafting with 1-3 years experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline preferred.
- Prior work experience/internship with CAD software, preferably Solidworks, required.
- 1+ years experience.
- Weekend coverage required.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.