A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Your role is to oversee the development and execution of strategies to support new market / products / technologies for Target Discovery and Validation Applications which are developed using the Company’s gene editing technologies. You will identify & develop key contacts and networks within the broader Life Science commercial organization to enable execution of the Target Discovery and Validation Applications go to market strategy. You will also support account managers to develop knowledge / network / focus on a global level and identify and support highly specialized market segments.
You will lead customer projects which require in depth internal project coordination or custom design on a global level. You will work closely with the Strategy group to develop and implement Go To Market Strategy. Drive and support combination of Products & Services with specific positioning & technical support needs within the Target Discovery and Validation Applications market. Lead projects where the technologies /products need extraordinary support due to technical depth or complexity and which the regular Sales Force are not ready to cover individually.
You will Partner with the Company's new product development group. Develop relationships with key thought leaders in the specific therapeutic target areas selected for product development. Assist in identifying acquisition candidates and/or in-licensing or out-licensing opportunities. Meet company expectations for overall revenue growth for Target Discovery and Validation Applications driven and supported by The Gene Editing Novel Modalities promise venture.
Who you are:
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Deep understanding of how current CRISPR, Zinc Finger, and other gene editing tools are used in Research and how development of novel gene editing tools can be effectively monetized. Understand how various libraries are used for screening and how the Company's screening libraries can be effectively utilized.
- Facilitates the constant flow of new ideas, excitement and energy necessary to maintain a high growth sales environment.
- Understands the crucial interdependencies that allow R&D, Business Development, Quality and Operations to work in an integrated fashion.
- Possesses marketing and business analysis skills to enable effective positioning of the BU in its market space. Specific working knowledge of relevant technologies and their application in the areas of Target Discovery and Validation Applications.
- Strategic and visionary, with the operating experience to drive synergies, identify market opportunities and manage cost efficiencies.
- Skilled expert in all matters related to production of assays for certain Disease Models, including gene editing technologies, current industry expectations, and how new products fit into overall product and services offering.
- Must be able to communicate the principles behind highly complex technical decisions to a business-oriented audience to ensure high level understanding and support. Is able to distil multi-phase development projects into basic contributing principles in order to make a case to senior management.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.