A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are currently seeking a development engineer for a permanent role within the Single Use and Systems R&D group at MilliporeSigma Process Solutions business unit. In this position, the individual will be responsible for developing novel products used in the processing and purification of pharmaceutical and biotech product streams. This position will be based at our Bedford, MA campus.
In this dynamic environment, the candidate will lead and support product development teams. Specific contributions will include development and validation of single use products and systems using current and new manufacturing processes, which includes knowledge transfer to the manufacturing organization resulting in a successful commercial launch
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience and can demonstrate up to date CAD skills and proficiency with SolidWorks
- Have experience in planning and executing DOE in conjunction with supporting data analysis
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach in a development lab environment
- Have experience in writing validation documentation for manufacturing processes.
- Possess a solid understanding of project management techniques
- Possess a strong sense of meeting project goals and deadlines while achieving cost targets.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and interface effectively with R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement, and Product Management functions.
- Possess a good understanding of polymeric materials and manufacturing techniques, specifically injection molding, extrusion, heat bonding and ultrasonic bonding
- Demonstrate sound decision making; have experience with statistical software
- Understand the FDA validation requirements for pharmaceutical and medical devices
Who You Are:
- BS in Plastics, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering
- 5 + years of experience in related field
- Have experience with product design & proficient with CAD software packages / techniques
- Experience with thermoplastics is highly desirable.
- Experience in product/equipment design
- Proficient in engineering, problem solving, experimental design and data analysis.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and process development activities such as qualification, validation, design of experiments, FMEA and design for manufacturing is required .
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and have the ability to interact effectively with people in all areas of the company including Plant Operations, R&D, Quality, and Product Management.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- 5 to 20% travel may be required
What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.