A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: This Customer Service position involves working in a dynamic, fast paced, high energy, and rewarding team environment. In this role you will manage a team of Customer Service employees, specifically a call center team. While this role will primarily focus on phone interactions, it may include email interactions and other back office tasks depending on business need.
As a leader within our organization, you will be expected to help create a culture of excellence, role-modeling the behaviors that allow us to realize our purpose of delivering a better customer experience. You will be asked to learn about our key initiatives and find ways to make them meaningful for your employees. Not only will you be asked to improve processes and deliver results, you will also be expected to focus on people, building strong relationships and empowering your employees.
Key responsibilities include:
- Communicate regularly and clearly with employees, colleagues and senior leadership regarding challenges, opportunities, and changes.
- Increase customer satisfaction, solving problems, maximizing resources, and acting as an escalation point.
- Create individual and team goals aligned with department and corporate objectives.
- Manage individual and team performance, measuring service levels and other key performance indicators.
- Target operational efficiencies, working cross-functionally and collaborating with supporting groups to execute process improvement ideas.
- Direct people, time and tasks in accordance with Quality, Safety, HR, and Compliance policies.
- Coach employees to increase competence and improve performance, creating an environment of empowerment.
- Develop employees through regular feedback, including the creation of individual development plans.
- Focus on employee engagement, including regular employee recognition.
Who you are:
- High School diploma
- 2+ years of experience in working in a call center or customer care environment of commercial & service oriented company
- Demonstrated operational expertise in Microsoft applications
- Proven ability to mentor, coach & motivate at all levels
- Ability to work with sensitive company information in a professional & confidential manner
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in business management or related business or education fields
- Experience in the role of a supervisor or equivalent preferred
- Understanding of MilliporeSigma business & proven experience with customer facing functions
- Excellent presentation skills & ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates excellent documentation & communication skills
- Ability to build sustainable relationships
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.