A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Program Lead has final accountability for the innovation, strategy, operations, and related development deliverables for global program teams (GPTs) within a designated disease/clinical area. The predominant responsibility is to lead one or more multidisciplinary teams of functional experts focused on securing global regulatory approvals, market access, and optimized commercial value of the program(s), ensuring this is achieved with high quality and full compliance with regulatory requirements, while operating within budget and in a competitive and timely manner.
Key responsibilities of the Program Lead, Oncology are to:
- Provide team leadership; manage, guide, challenge, and motivate the GPT(s).
- Ensure ambitious but achievable GPT objective-setting and undertake an unbiased evaluation of team performance against these objectives
- Ensure GPT operates as a high-performing team
- Ensure that all involved functions are kept updated and coordinated concerning project progress
- Be a member of an interdisciplinary team in a licensing or M&A situation as appropriate
Who You Are:
- Advanced degree in a relevant scientific discipline; doctoral-level degree (MD or PhD) is desirable
- MBA beneficial but not required
- Expertise in drug development and broad working knowledge of pre-clinical, process development, manufacturing, clinical, regulatory and marketing processes.
- Strong knowledge in the Oncology therapeutic area
- Minimum of 7 years of experience (10-plus years desired) in global drug development, including several years of experience in managerial positions leading multidisciplinary global program teams, and submission of regulatory dossiers
- Must have global large-scale project management experience in a functional or cross-functional capacity
- Firsthand experience within an international pharmaceutical and/or biotech company
- Sound awareness of pharmaceutical business including regulatory, clinical development, sales & marketing related issues.
- Demonstrated success in a position which influences and interacts cross-functionally with other departments.
- Experience leading high-profile product development projects globally
- Strong strategic thinker
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in the face of uncertainty, or with incomplete or ambiguous data
- Business savvy executive with mature leadership, decision-making, conflict resolution, and influencing skills.
- Ability to represent the company and to negotiate at all levels both internally and externally across key geographies in which we operate
- Strong results orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact constructively with all functions in a matrix global organizational environment
- Excellent global team leader with strong communication and team leadership skills
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!