Who we are:
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of technicians according to established policies and under management guidance. Plan, organize, and supervise activities for the Quality Control (QC) Laboratories.
- Schedule and support in-process and finish goods testing for invitro diagnostic (IVD) products, analyte specific reagents (ASR), and other new products.
- Conduct testing for Out-of-Specification (OOS) test results and analyze laboratory metrics.
- Assist with scheduling of testing for new projects including stablity program.
- Administer company policies that directly affect QC personnel. Act as a resource to customers, vendors, affiliates and employees.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; resource planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance and disciplining employees.
Who You Are:
Education and Experience
- BS of Science Degree preferably in Biology, Microbiology, Immumology, Chemistry, or Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience working in a regulated environment (ISO 13485 and/or GMP/FDA regulations). Required in the Quality area, Quality Control (QC) or Quality Assurance (QA) in a medical device (IVD or non-IVD), biologics, or pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supervising required.
- Knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- Prefer candidates from Genentech San Francisco, CA or Vacaville, CA. Prefer folks who work in the biotech firms in the San Francisco Bay Area biotech, Los Angeles, or Boston areas.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Understanding of ISO quality standards and Quality Systems Regulations.
- Ability to solve problems and coach others in problem-solving situations.
- Ability to function and delegate in a high volume, high data environment with challenging priorities.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to perform in stressful situations.
- PC literacy, including strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Experience with using SAP or SAP Next perferred.
What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.