Who we are:
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsible for receiving, storage and issue of inventory (raw materials, client samples and finished goods) to and from the department. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Who you are:
The Material Handler I is responsible for receiving, storage and issue of inventory (raw materials, client samples and finished goods) to and from the department. This involves physical handling of inventory, as well as maintaining accurate system records for all transactions made to and from the department.
- Receive materials, client samples and internal finished goods on a daily basis. Check and process received items in line with appropriate quality procedures (physical / quantity check and paperwork verification).
- Ensure inventory is stored in line with agreed quality / regulatory compliance (e.g. segregation, temperature control), and provide traceability through maintenance of accurate system transactions (Oracle or LIMS).
- Support operations with timely provision of materials by discrete requisition issue and delivery if required.
- Maintain stock accuracy at all times through timely system maintenance such as participation in physical counting and routine disposal program.
- Prepare and ship materials in line with client requirements and in accordance with relevant shipping SOP documentation. Shipping includes collation of appropriate documentation (permits / licenses) and coordination with any specialist shipping organizations.
- Equipment monitoring/maintenance where under the specific responsibility of the department.
- Support inter-site shipment of sample/material via internal transportation or courier.
- Sample management for storage contracts through BioRepository (site transfer, storage and shipping) and associated system transactions.
- Provide assistance with some aspects of QC material release where appropriate and agreed with Quality and Support Services management.
- Support improvement initiatives as agreed with line management with a view to streamlining processes, making cost savings and reducing waste.
- Operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, dock lever, etc.).
- Required to communicate and interact professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Assists with regulatory agency and client audits if input is required from the department.
- Requires general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Maintains a standard up keep of the facility through daily cleaning.
- Performs tasks in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP).
- Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED with 0-2 years relevant experience.
- Experience in logistics within a life science company preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of basic computer systems and logistics related databases preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
- 0-10% Travel required.
- Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts.
What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.