A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position is with Innovation & Application group and supports the growth for Functional Solutions business field within Surface Solutions business unit.
Technical Service Specialist contributes to laser marking business growth through technical support of customer projects, product testing, evaluation and application development as well as innovations in application technologies. You will exchange information and interface with sales and Marketing within local and global organizations and provide support in the identification of portfolio gaps and new product ideas as well as support marketing/sales in the development and realization of demo materials. You will provide solutions to customer problems concerning effective use of our products, join customer visits with sales and prepare and give trainings to customers. You will play an active role in applications innovations, work with Marketing, R&D to translate industry needs into projects and evaluate the results vs targets. You will propose, intensify and maintain collaborations with external laser suppliers.
Who You Are:
- BS/BA in Polymer Science, Plastic Engineer or equivalent.
- Experiences in plastic processing technology (injection molding and extrusion).
- Ability to lead, facilitate, plan and follow-up with commercial issues and/or marketing projects.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), the ability to interface with a variety of people in a global organization. Able to create professional documents/presentations and enjoy presenting to customers and peers in small to large group audience settings.
- No visual impairment since the ability to observe and differentiate surface appearances, textures, colors is essential for this position. Able and willing to travel when needed.
- Formulation development in polymers ideally for laser-based marking solutions
- Strong engagement to provide customers with technical service support and lead projects to success
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.