A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Telecom Engineer role provides of day to day support of our Global Avaya infrastructure and its associated ancillary and adjunct devices and applications as part of the Americas telecom team. The role is also responsible for supporting the Cisco Video Conferencing Infrastructure and will require working with our telecommunication vendors to ensure our billing for external voice phone lines are inventoried, managed, and paid correctly. The Americas Telecommunications team is responsible for supporting Canada, USA, Central America, and South America. We also support our global teammates by providing follow the sun support for our EMEA and APAC Regions.
Experience & Skills
Basic Qualifications -
- Telecommunications Engineer with 5+ years of experience with Avaya Communication Manager, Avaya Call Center, Avaya Aura Messaging, Avaya Aura Conferencing, Avaya System and Session Manager, and their associated 3rd party application servers.
- Experience in working with Telco Providers
- Working knowledge of VoIP Communications with an emphasis on SIP Technologies
- Working knowledge or the willingness to learn and work on Cisco Video Conferencing Room Units as well as Telepresence (VCS & TMS)
- Working knowledge or the willingness and abilities to take on day to day administration of Cisco CUCM and its associated Voicemail and Call Center Applications
- Experience in Telecommunications Billing and Administrative activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows OS and Office 365
- Knowledge of IT and VoIP Networking concepts
Preferred Qualifications -
- Knowledge of ITSM tools (ie ServiceNow/JIRA) in daily operations and reporting
- Knowledge of H.323, SIP, as well as other VoIP Routing Protocols
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and teamwork skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.