A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Executive Administrative Assistant to the VP of EMD Millipore Strategy, BD and Transformation
As the Executive Assistant you will provide high-level administrative support to the Vice President of EMD Millipore - Strategy, BD and Transformation Team. This is an excellent opportunity to support a high performance team by proactively planning for and executing on all MM Strategy, BD and Transformation Team support needs; provide a high-level of administrative support with the utmost professionalism und high personal flexibility. To achieve this, you'll use advanced administrative skills, and handle personal contacts with finesse and diplomacy. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies. This position serves as a liaison to the senior management team; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts.
In this role, you'll develop broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge in organizational policies, procedures and practices. You will also facilitate and coordinate projects and deadlines directly or in collaboration with others. You will work independently, and carry out large scale special assignments, with minimal supervision.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide advanced administrative support to the Vice President of EMD Millipore Strategy, BD and Transformation Team.
- Responsible for understanding the scope and content of ongoing programs that the team is involved in and assisting with projects where necessary while prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously to ensure follow-through on issues in a timely manner
- Responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external senior executives and their assistants, as well as third party stakeholders and industry partners to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings and large scale events
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements both international and domestic
- Ensure deadline delivery for (e.g. team meeting agendas/minutes, periodic team reports, etc)
- Assist with high-level ppt presentation graphics and content arrangement often intended for executive management or external partners. Maintain a library of such graphics, templates and formats. Presentation work also involves notebook design and assembly along with other materials associated with the presentation.
- Apply superior analytical skills to screening of routine and highly confidential responses to incoming mail, email, telephone calls and messages.
- Help support buildup of this new team by setting up interview schedules for candidates, with relevant stakeholders and assist in onboarding of new members and other related activities.
- Track external vendor/consultant contracts/billing/payment for the Vice President, EMD Millipore Strategy, BD and Transformation Office. Route documents through internal process and obtain necessary signatures in a timely/efficient manner
- Develop and maintain a confidential, centralized filing system, which is linked to computer network filing structure
- Coordinate and schedule high-level business meetings for the Vice President of EMD Millipore Strategy, BD and Transformation Office and direct reports (and others as assigned)
- Plan international business travel and process expense reports ensuring timely submission and accuracy
- Collaborate with internal parties at all levels to gather information and prepare reports as per the executives needs
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma
- College degree a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.