A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
An exciting opportunity is available to manage the maintenance team on our rapidly growing Sheboygan site. The successful candidate will assume the responsibility for a department of approximately 30 employees. Key responsibilities will be maintaining an excellent safety performance, minimizing equipment down time, focusing on employee development and training, setting financial budgets, and developing a 5 year strategy ensuring internal and external customer expectations are met.
- Manage the Maintenance and/or Facility Service Supervisor(s) for the assigned area of responsibility
- Set goals and monitor progress for each supervisor and other direct reports
- Review supervisors backlogs and progress on backlog management
- Lead process improvement activities for department
- Respond to emergency situations and take appropriate action to restore operations
- Evaluate equipment, spare parts, supplies, and service needs for area of responsibility
- Work with supervisors on supplies inventories and spare parts needs
- Facilitate the negotiation of prices for services and supplies used
- Analyze projects from a maintenance perspective
Who you are:
- BA/BS Degree Required. Management, Engineering or Technical Degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience
- 1+ years of direct supervision is required.
- Proven track record for making improvements and managing change.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for maintenance.
- Knowledgeable in Maintenance Management Techniques and strategies
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.