A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: As Sales Specialist Identification Energy you mainly work on business development activities for our laser marking additives. You identify new market opportunities and are able to translate them into real projects and growth opportunities. You support the Americas (US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Colombia), in order to develop the business.
- Development of new Business areas
- Project Management (Leading Projects)
- Developing of go to market stratgies
- Sales for defined special products related to existing customers / prospect customers
- Conduct customer visits related to special products (pre-inform account manager), ideally synchronized but no veto right from AM)
è AM still owns customer / customer relationship in the overall sales set-up
- Monitoring and steering of key sales processes for special products (key accounts, local sales)
- Directly managing special products for sales activities within given decision rights
- Managing sales-related pricing for special products : Indicates pricing to existing customer, but no final negotiation with purchasing (AM job)
- Guiding the local sales teams in the countries with regards to special products
- Ensure cross-communication for all Regional and Global Sales related to special products topics
- Monitoring market and competitor trends for special products
- Steer customer portfolio development (key account, existing and new customers) with regards to special products
- Contract / Cooperation negotiations with customer regarding special products, aligned with account manager
- Support proper pipeline management of new product developments as well as of existing special products
- Ensure local positioning of special products according to Functional strategy
- Ensure forecasting of demands
Who you are:
- An entrepreneurial thinker and acting with a strong sense relative industry knowledge.
- Graduate degree in science, preferably chemistry or material science.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial thinking.
- Advanced technical knowledge on laser marking.
- Senior Industry knowledge and experience of approximately 3+ years in B2B sales/business development.
- Willingness to travel within your sales territory > 75% of your time.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.