A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Manufacturing Technician 4 is a processor that has proven their abilities to operate and troubleshoot consistently with approved manufacturing procedures and documents. They are responsible for safely executing and developing manufacturing processes. This employee is required to ensure the accuracy of documentation within the local quality system. They also work closely with department supervision to ensure daily department operating goals are developed and achieved.
Perform production and sampling operations per approved manufacturing procedures, which can include the following:
- Equipment setup and troubleshooting for manufacturing processes per approved procedures and best practices
- Perform necessary analytical tests and notify technical lead or supervisor of results during a production operation
- Notify supervisor of and making decisions for critical in-process decisions based on analytical data
- Properly dispose of waste using department protocols
- Thoroughly document all production activities and review/ check production activities of shift employees
- Maintain and troubleshoot all department equipment and instrumentation according to protocols written with departmental procedures & best practices
- Assist in preparation of Procedures to ensure compliance with applicable Safety and Quality guidelines
- Develop and assist in the implementation of process improvement, safety, quality, and 5S ideas
Who You Are:
- Education & Experience: Non-GMP Preferences include: Bachelor degree in life science, AA in life science area with applicable experience working in a similar environment
- Essential and Critical Skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in safe processing techniques and pertinent OSHA, EPA, FDA regulations
- Working knowledge of general chemistry, mathematics, and standard computer applications
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology (ie., PDSA, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Six Sigma)
- Additional Local Needs:
- 12 hour shifts, night schedules with competitive shift differential, and/or rotating shifts working during various days of the week
- Requires the ability to lift and carry up to 80 pounds while wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators, for an extended time
- Customer interaction potential elevates the responsibilities of this position
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.