A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
First Shift 7am to 3pm.
Working independently and in coordination with the Production Lead or Supervisor, the Senior Manufacturing Operator is responsible for accurate and compliant manufacturing of various Life Science filtration devices utilizing a variety of automated and semi-automated equipment and processes. Operates bonding machines, test equipment, and packaging equipment under SOP and GMP guidelines. Will perform basic trouble-shooting and maintain equipment cleanliness. Interfaces and works with engineering and senior manufacturing personnel in identifying and implementing process improvements and process validations.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Under close supervision, may set up and operate a variety of machines in order to produce materials. Assists in a variety of routine duties in the operation and preparation of equipment and materials. Must be regular and punctual in attendance and adhere to all MilliporeSigma employee handbook policies.
Adheres to strict safety regulations of the company. Maintains a safe, clean and organized work area and ensures that others are doing the same. Learns and adheres to safety rules for the work area as it pertains to handling chemicals and equipment. Responsible for learning the safety hazards of processes, equipment and materials and applying that knowledge during routine operations. Monitors and records critical process parameters Performs a wide variety of skilled duties in the preparation and operation of process equipment. Accurately uses computerized operating systems to run and monitor manufacturing equipment, if required.
Essential Job Functions and Skills:
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized work environment.
- Know and follow all Company safety rules, such as safe work practices, personal protective equipment, and standard operating procedures.
- Serve as a good role model to peers for safe work practices and behavior by conducting yourself professionally, keeping in mind your own safety and the safety of others.
- Ensure compliance to all aspects of the Quality Management System as they pertain to Materials Control, Handling, Line Opening/Closing, and labelling.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Knowledge of product flow throughout a manufacturing production line.
- Learn and master all necessary areas of the quality system as they pertain to Materials Control, Handling, Preservation, Labeling & Disposition.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Communicate with previous and following shifts the status of presses.
- Checks production schedule to organize the day.
- Check the Material Lists and Lot #’s
- Coordinate material disposition activities in support of Production requirements / consumptions.
- Deliver and maintain the appropriate material supply for each job.
- Perform Line Clearance of Materials & Equipment.
- Perform changeover activities. (Blenders, Grinders, Mixers etc.)
- Clean the dryer, mixer, grinder, and or conveying equipment prior to start-up and during Line Clearance.
- Perform “Basic” weekly Machine & Equipment Preventative Maintenance (Lubing, Cleaning & Organizing)
- Sign-off on all validated Material Lists before transferring any material or component to a given work cell.
- Clean all material areas at the end of the shift.
- Maintain an Effective & Professional communication with Supervisors, Operators & Management.
- Safely operate gas-powered Fork Truck.
- Confirm Materials being Returned to Stock are properly Identified, Protected & moved in accordance with all disposition of Materials Procedures.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs. while using company supplied safety equipment.
- Verifies that product being moved has an appropriate Pallet Placard & QC Stamp before moving.
- Wrap all Skids of Finished Goods or WIP & safely move them to their proper location.
- Assist in relieving operators during breaks & lunches. (As per your supervisor’s schedule)
- Any other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
The successful candidate will be a hands-on team player with high energy and work as a collaborative team member and leader to achieve operational safety, quality, and outout goals. This person must be highly self-motivated, have an intense customer focus and be able to satisfy both internal and external customer requirements.
- Education: High school diploma or GED required. Associate or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Strong knowledge of QMS, ISO and cGMP.
- Experience in regulated industry (medical device, pharma, biotech) a plus.
- Ability to operate PCs, printers, Word, Excel, Access, Oracle is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with all levels of staff both orally and written.
- Ability to work in a group setting where teamwork is expected.
- Demonstrates a high attention to detail.
- Lean Manufacturing certifications a plus.
- Lift up to 35lbs, sometimes frequently.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a complex and fast paced environment.
- High intellectual horsepower with proven problem solving ability and troubleshooting skills. Good decision maker.
- Collaborative and likeable team player. Always looking to share and advance best practices.
- Ability to drive change and challenge the status quo in a respectful/professional manner.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.