A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Your Role: The Senior Medical Director, US Medical Affairs is responsible for working closely with the Vice President, US Medical Affairs, Oncology to develop and implement US Medical Affairs strategic initiatives for EMD Serono’s Therapeutic Area of Oncology. Leading medical core team members from Field Medical Affairs, Medical Communications, Medical Information, and HEOR while collaborating transversely with business partners from commercial, R&D, Global Medical Affairs; the Medical Director is responsible for the development and execution of key medical affairs asset plans. Furthermore, the Senior Medical Director will work closely, where applicable, with Alliance partners. The Senior Medical Director will be cognizant of Oncology Key Thought Leaders (KTL) in the relevant indications and has the credibility to develop strong medical-scientific relationships.
The Senior Medical Director will address the needs of the evolving immune-oncology landscape and must be able to contribute value to our assets in the health care system by leading data generation and dissemination through appropriate peer-reviewed and peer-to-peers channels. She/he must specifically understand the key decision drivers of the relevant external stakeholders (patients, medical experts (KTLs), payors etc.) and develop the matching programs and data. The Senior Medical Director must have expertise in immune-oncology, relevant oncology indications; while also being a strategic with a strong track record of executing medical affairs plans.
Who you are:
- Advanced degree: MD preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical/healthcare industry with demonstration of successful results
- Prior experience of at least 5 years in Oncology Medical Affairs required
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical development and post-marketing environment for pharmaceuticals including post-marketing clinical studies and medical affairs strategic initiatives in Oncology
- Excellent management, teamwork, communication and presentation skills and solid experience in developing strategic plans and oversight processes
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams, manage a diverse work group, motivate them, and maximize productivity
- Creation and oversight of cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in influencing on medical field teams in changing competitive environment, changing product technology, and changing needs
- Experience in working in an environment, which integrates all business unit functions
- Demonstrated orientation & credibility with internal and external customers
- Creation of solid plans and reports for which performance and progress can be measured and evaluated
- Knowledge and application of business planning & leadership principles, such as goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques to develop and implement action plans
- Possess strong budget experience and knowledg
- Able to travel 50%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.