A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: As a key contributor to the Human Resources Business Partner Team in New England, the Sr. HR Business Partner will join an engaging global team of HR professionals. Our commitment is to leverage a variety of HR solutions fostering organizational success and cross-organizational opportunities. As the site Operations HRBP, you will partner with the site leadership team to identify goals and priorities into the development and implementation of HR related solutions that drive the business priorities. You will be responsible for the delivery of key HR processes such as talent management, performance management and compensation, change management, workforce planning, anticipating recruitment needs, etc. and ensuring a consistent approach. Furthermore, you will be working with the business to support the optimal organizational structure, providing consultative organizational development, leadership coaching and feedback.
Who you are: You have a clear understanding of the business strategy and operating plan and as a result will be able to develop an HR strategy to drive productivity and business results. You are an active and influential member of the site leadership team and as such can effectively partner with manufacturing, quality and engineering business leaders in areas which include organizational design, talent management, developing a pipeline of talent and organizational change. You can provide strategic and operational HR support to the Danvers Mobius manufacturing organization, as well as provide operational support as needed to the Supply Chain organization based in Burlington and Taunton Ma. You are the primary HR interface with these key leadership teams and are expected to take the lead role in overseeing HR deliver to the organization; collaboratively partnering with COE and Services colleagues on a regular basis.
The Danvers Mobius organization is part of the Separations and Instruments cluster. This plant runs a 5-day, 24-hour schedule and is comprised of 400+ employees and a 100+ temporary workforce. The Danvers leadership team you will support includes the Site Leader, two Operations Managers, Design Engineering Manager, Quality Manager and Environmental Health and Safety Manager. The Supply Chain and Distribution team is made of ~60 Supply Network planners and distribution employees at the Burlington Ma and Taunton Ma sites.
Position Expectations and Requirements
- Identifying goals and priorities for the organization, and translating those priorities into the development and implementation of HR related solutions that drive the business priorities;
- Driving an integrated talent strategy within the site to ensure robust development planning. This would include driving regular talent sessions of current talent and gaps as well as future requirements and solutions;
- Collaboratively building and maintaining effective linkages across the HR pillars (COE, Services, and other HRBPs) to ensure design and delivery of HR solutions across the organization with the appropriate level of consistency
- Effectively aligns HR systems and processes including compensation, staffing, learning and engagement, performance management etc. with business needs and implement HR solutions as appropriate;
- Strong business acumen and ability to contribute to the business strategy and operation plans;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with business leaders to develop, implement and monitor HR programs that enable the achievement of business goals;
- Demonstrated ability to take risks, make independent decisions and evaluate people
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills, with ability to effectively coach leaders, build relationships and leverage resources within the function and across the organization to advance business strategy;
- Demonstrated success in driving difficult change in a highly matrixed and complex global organization. Excellent knowledge in change management, organizational design, talent, performance management, strategic and operational planning;
- Strong problem solving, facilitation and analytical skills;
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization; effectively gains agreement/consensus for ideas; operates in multicultural/international environment;
- Advanced skills with Power Point, Excel; Success Factor experience a plus
- Strong evidence of both a strategic and hands on leadership orientation
- BA/BS required; MBA, MA in Organizational Development, Human Resource Management or related field preferred;
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience as an HR Business Partner with demonstrated progressive HR generalist responsibilities including 5 plus years as HR Business Partner;
Local site travel up to 25%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.