A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will be a modern thought leader for how the Quality and Regulatory function will serve the Life Science industry and our customer base. As Head of Value Improvement, you will help shape and deliver aspects of the ‘go forward’ vision for the Quality Services function of Quality and Regulatory Management. ‘Quality Services’ is the function dedicated to ensure that MilliporeSigma customers are receiving industry best service regarding quality and regulatory expectations.You will conceive, frame, and lead projects to improve the quality and regulatory service offering to internal (Customer Excellence and Commercial) and external customers. These projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Improvement of the customer service model, specifically customer inquiry processes
- Continuous improvement of Quality Services processes, tools, knowledge, and data management
- Digitalization of Q&R information and processes for internal and external customers
- Q&R KPI data analysis for value creation and continuous improvement
This Value Improvement function leads the Q&R work stream of a comprehensive cross functional program which successfully defines and implements harmonized customer complaint and customer inquiry processes for the combined MilliporeSigma (EMD Millipore and Sigma Adrich) business. This role requires a unique blend of technical, leadership, project, change, matrix, and diplomacy skills. Almost all topics in scope will require significant cross functional change management of some kind. Therefore, a multi-faceted blend of skills and experiences is an absolute expectation. These responsibilities include:
- Managing a small team of project and subject matter experts.
- Leading business process integration projects critical to the future vision of QS.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for additional value improvement to the QS function, processes, and the Life Science business.
- Ensuring business opportunities and revenues by establishing sustainable delivery process of customer’s expectations.
- Business partner for the Commercial and Business Areas; in partnership with them monitors, reports and improve quality performance from a customer’s perspective.
- Driving important negotiations and influences key decision makers internally and externally.
- Directing the resolution of data requirements to align with business expectations applying advanced analytical thought and judgment.
- Applying broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and quality performance to meet Customer information expectations.
- Interacting with Commercial, IT, Ops, Supply Chain and other Quality leads.
Who you are:
- You have a BS/BA in engineering or related science
- You have 5+ years of experience in business management, process improvement, or quality management
- You have knowledge of GMP requirements and industry expectations
- You have demonstrated an understanding of analytics or applied statistics
- You have certification or applied demonstration of Six Sigma or similar approach to problem solvent and continuous improvement
- You have experience or practical understanding of digital tools and data management
- You are excellent with communication, organization, attention to details, and interaction skills.
- This position requires travel 4-6 times per year
- This position will be based out of the Burlington, MA office of MilliporeSigma
- This position is open to flexible work program (balance of office with work from home)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.