A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma, the US Life Science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, a leader in providing products and services to the Life Science industry, is searching for a highly motivated, results-oriented Selling Skills Training Specialist to support the overall commercial business. We are seeking a talented individual with proven selling skills program development and facilitation experience, as well as experience working with commercial leadership and key stakeholders.
This position reports to the Head of Learning and Development within the Lab Separations Workflow Tools business. The Learning and Development team, a commercial support function, reporting within Research Solutions organization supports and is accountable to both Research and Applied Solutions commercial organizations.
Your Role: At MilliporeSigma the overall responsibility of the Learning and Development team is to develop, curate and deliver impactful training programs to support the overall learning journey of commercial teams globally while ensuring continuous alignment with the commercial goals and objectives to drive revenue growth. In addition, the team is focused on developing alternative selling skills offerings, product and workflow/application training via multiple modes and platforms based on industry “best practices” and the changing needs of the commercial organization.
This role will be dynamic and fast-paced and will require working cross-functionally with multiple commercial teams and stakeholders. Responsible to develop selling skills training plans as well as alternative strategies for the effective implementation of training initiatives by ensuring successful planning, communication and execution.
- Works with vendors to design and implement curriculum and content for strategic sales skills and other soft skills L&D programs aligned with Commercial organizations strategies and sales team structures – includes Selling Skills, Negotiation, Account Management, Strategic Selling, Professional Coaching Skills, Question Based Selling and Territory Management as well as all Train the Trainer programs
- Builds and maintains relationships with outside vendors and development resources as needed
- Works directly with functional leaders to analyze business needs, determine required sales force competencies, and identify gaps between ideal and actual capabilities and performance. Develops strong consultative working relationships with sales team leaders and managers to assure that training programs are aligned with specific business priorities and outcomes.
- Provides coaching and development to sales managers for greater skills adoption
- Works with Learning and Development team members and Commercial Sales Enablement teams to incorporate Consultative Selling skills and strategy into technical product training.
- Works with Europe, Emerging and APAC counterpart to harmonize training program across geographies where applicable
- Leverages analytics to create a quantitative process for evaluating the effectiveness of training initiatives providing post training evaluation and recommendations to sales leadership
- Manages, maintains, updates all relevant training content and materials.
- Ensures accurate registration, reporting, measurement and assessment of training delivered utilizing multiple platforms (e.g. SharePoint, LMS etc) to facilitate regular reporting and metrics for all training participants
Who You Are
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD
- Bachelor’s degree in Science (Biology, Chemistry, or Material Science) preferred
- Experience developing and deploying sales training programs is preferred
- Sales experience with at least years sales management experience preferable
- Experience in the Life Science industry, with strong knowledge of customer segments, workflows, key techniques and applications highly desirable
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, facilitation, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Experience implementing strategic learning solutions in a complex, matrixed environment
- Demonstrated history of training in complex go-to-market strategy with direct and channel sales. Strong knowledge of channel sales skill set is an advantage
- Demonstrated history of coaching and mentoring sales (inside and field) people and sales managers with an ability to motivate/influence without direct authority preferred
- Prior training and curriculum development experience (selling skills) is required
- Experience in supporting or leading change management initiatives
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills and ability to gain consensus across diverse stakeholders with proven ability to work in team environment both remote and onsite
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with a CRM (SFDC preferred), personal computer software including work processing, spreadsheets, and database applications (Microsoft Office platform preferred)
- Experience and utilization of multiple digital tools and platforms desired
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.