A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Reporting to the Head of Regional Capex Procurement Rest of Europe, co-ordinates and execute Procurement activities for the Capex Category (categories 32 Production and Lab Equipment and category 33 Construction and Installation).
Continually identifies and implements new measures for cost avoidance, cost savings and pro-actively tracks progress towards these objectives. Maintain and build continuous effective business relationships with all relevant stakeholders and key vendors within category.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a sourcing or engineering role preferably gained in a multinational and matrix organisation.
- Recognised Business or Technical and /or Procurement qualification.
- Experience preferably in both equipment and construction projects.
- Managing the Sourcing process, including RFI/RFP process in alignment with internal stakeholder / business needs - clarification of specification and requirements, plans for cost savings, risk assessment, mitigation and SLA’s.
- Negotiations skills towards suppliers as well as internal stakeholders.
- Strong and confident personality, ability to challenge vendors as well as key stakeholders to ensure process compliance before commercial engagements with third parties.
- Maintain and build effective business relationships with appropriate vendors and stakeholders.
- Appropriate supplier management skills required.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Ability to leverage networks and relationships both inside and outside the company.
- Capable of influencing and motivating others with new ideas and concepts.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to manage and resolve issues.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office / ERP system.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!