A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The services business of MilliporeSigma is called Process Solutions Services, branded under the name BioReliance.
Your Role: The Marketing Manager will have primary responsibility for managing several Service Lines within the BioReliance portfolio, with responsibility to ensure high quality service delivery to customers developing life-changing medicines. The Marketing Manager will coordinate the assigned portfolio across multiple global operational sites to ensure consistency of the service offering and customer experience (US, UK, Singapore). He/She will obtain deep understanding of customer needs as well as complex market and competitive dynamics, monitor trends within the industry, conduct primary research on market opportunities, attend international conferences, participate in thought leadership activities, network with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and make recommendations to scientific and business leadership to maintain/increase growth of the assigned Service Lines. The Marketing Manager will prepare business cases in support of new service development efforts and will report Service Line performance regularly to senior leadership. He/She will have primary responsibility for developing global strategic and tactical marketing plans in support of his/her assigned Service Lines. The Marketing Manager will interface with Development Services (R&D), Sales, Project Management, Operations, Marketing Communications, Market Intelligence, and other functions to support his/her strategic and tactical plans.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Life Sciences required. PhD in Life Sciences strongly preferred.
- Travel (including international travel) up to 25% of time will be required.
- 2+ years of relevant Life Sciences Marketing/ Product Management/ Strategy/ Consulting experience required. Life Sciences Services Marketing/ Service Management/ Strategy experience a plus.
- Experience in biopharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing or research (including experience in a GLP or GMP environment) a plus.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP: Ability to be creative and take the initiative despite minimal day-to-day oversight; ownership mindset to solve problems and drive the business.
- STRATEGIC THINKING: Ability to see the current and future business within a broader context and quickly synthesize implications and opportunities for the business to both internal and external audiences.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Ability to communicate well to internal and external audiences, including to the leadership team, in order to foster collaboration, drive alignment, and achieve results.
- SCIENTIFIC EXPERTISE: Knowledge of technical and scientific details of biopharmaceutical manufacturing and testing. Credible in front of customers and internal stakeholders. Able to contribute to thought leadership activities.
- ANALYTICAL MINDSET: Ability to think critically and analytically about all business problems. Comfort working with and manipulating large amounts of financial/other data in Excel. Financial modeling experienced a plus.
- TEAM PLAYER: Ability to work with and engage across management team and various functions within the organization. Ability to lead through influence. Comfortable with a fast paced, energetic environment. Willing to constructively contribute to and debate key issues affecting the organization across multiple areas.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.