A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Supervise the packaging of both finished goods and custom packaged hazardous chemical products in compliance with all company operating procedures and governmental regulations (ISO, GMP, OSHA, DEA, DOT, CFR, IATA, IMO, etc.). Coordinate with Sales & Marketing, Packaging Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Compliance to resolve both product and customer concerns. Lead process improvements activities resulting in safety, quality, productivity and cost saving improvements.
3rd shift: Sun-Thurs 10:00 PM--6:30 AM
Who You Are:
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Chemistry / Natural Science / Business or equivalent experience
- Experience: One to three years leadership experience. Additional experience chemical manufacturing or quality control preferred.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective communication skills with all levels of staff, both verbal and written.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and organizational ability.
- Proficient at Microsoft programs, such as Excel, Access, and Word.
- SAP knowledge helpful. Ability to lift or move 50 pounds and move greater than 50 pounds with equipment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.