A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
EMD Performance Materials has an opportunity to be part of a team that develops and markets novel materials used by the High Performance Function Surfaces industry. Your leadership, managerial, technical and team building skills will be used to drive various types of projects in a fast-paced team environment. You will help coordinate activities to develop materials used in thinfilm deposition, quantum material manufacturing and related applications. This can include working across various functional areas, removing barriers to the timely completion of projects, and preparing reports and other documents to communicate project requirements and statuses to customers, suppliers, internal team members and management. In addition, you will lead short-term projects to help address quality issues or lead improvement initiatives. As part of a marketing team, you will support Global Product Managers and Key Account teams to reach business goals. Participation in customer visits or audits is expected. The Project Manager Specialist is expected to be a primary point of contact between EMD Performance Materials, MilliporeSigma and the customer during an active project.
Who You Are
- BS Degree with 4+ years of experience
- 3+ years of Extensive operational, sales, marketing or project management experience in custom manufacturing preferred
- 3+ years in a chemistry lab with exposure to project management, OR 2+ years as a project manager in a related industry preferred
- SAP experience is preferred
- Knowledge of set up and managing projects in Project Systems is desired
- PMP or CPM certification is desired
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills, including the ability to give presentations and to speak to large groups. Ability to establish rapport with non-technical parts of the company
- Knowledge of quality systems (in electronics industry) or batch chemical manufacturing processes is preferred
- Open to travel (up to 20%), including international travel
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.